Skip to main content

Denzel Washington – Fall Forward

“I was 20 years old, I was at my lowest point, but here’s the thing, I didn’t quit. I didn’t fall back, but I continued to fail, and fail, and fail, but it didn’t matter, because you know what? There’s an old saying, ‘You hang around the barbershop long enough, sooner or later you’re going to get a haircut.’ So you will catch a break, and I did catch a break.

“Last year, I did a play called Fences, on Broadway. It was at the same theater that I’d failed at first audition 30 years prior. Thomas Edison conducted 1000 failed experiments. Did you know that? I didn’t know that, because the 1001st was the light bulb.

“Fall forward. Sometimes, it’s the best way to figure out where you’re going. Never be discouraged, never hold back, give everything you got, and when you fall throughout life remember this: fall forward.”

- Denzel Washington – Fall Forward

CONNECT . INFORM . INSPIRE
#GBGAbuja #FallForward

Source:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google I/O Extended 2016 - Bingham University Recap

Top 10 GBG chapters in the World

The energy for my quest was truly inspired when I discovered how much I could impact people, SMEs and organizations with Google technologies. https://www.google.com/landing/gbg/

Africa Code Week 2017

Over the next 25 years, Africa’s working-age population will double to one billion, exceeding that of China and India. In the meantime, the digital skills gap is widening: while coding has the power to put millions of young Africans on the path to successful careers and empower them to build sustainable growth, companies in Africa are currently struggling to hire enough qualified IT talent. So the question is not whether a full life cycle of skills support for young people in Africa needs to be created, but when. Africa Code Week says: NOW.