Skip to main content

Embracing the Journey with Gratitude

Embracing the Journey with Gratitude

This isn't about showing off, though there's certainly no harm in celebrating our true achievements. The inspiration came from a captivating Canva template that caught my eye. It motivated me to give my resume/profile a facelift, and as I reflected on how far I've come—especially with God's help—I realized something profound.

Both the angels and demons within me agreed: It's okay to give yourself a pat on the back once in a while. In fact, sometimes you need to inspire yourself with your own journey.

One of my favorite quotes that resonates deeply with me is by Dean Alfange:

"I do not choose to be a common man.

It is my right to be uncommon… if I can.

I seek opportunity, not security.

I do not wish to be a kept citizen,

Humbled and dulled by having the State look after me.

I want to take the calculated risk,

To dream and to build,

To fail and to succeed.

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;

I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence,

The thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.

I will not trade freedom for beneficence

Nor my dignity for a handout.

I will never cower before any master

Nor bend to any threat.

It is my heritage to stand erect,

Proud and unafraid;

To think and act for myself,

To enjoy the benefit of my creations

And to face the world boldly and say:

This, with God’s help, I have done."

This quote reminds me to stay true to my path, to embrace both the highs and the lows, and to keep pushing forward, unafraid and undeterred. We all have the power to create, to dream, and to build something meaningful in this life. And sometimes, it's okay to take a moment and acknowledge how far we've come.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google I/O Extended 2016 - Bingham University Recap

Top 10 GBG chapters in the World

The energy for my quest was truly inspired when I discovered how much I could impact people, SMEs and organizations with Google technologies. https://www.google.com/landing/gbg/

Something outrageous yet relevant, maybe "Jobs to Be Done: When Your Product Strategy is a Hitman"?

Introduction Picture this: you, in your pristine business attire, meticulously assembled to convey an aura of success – pressed slacks, shiny shoes, maybe even a power tie if you're feeling extra daring. Now, visualize that perfectly curated image lighting on fire. Not a raging inferno, mind you, just a persistent, smoldering burn right around the seat of your pants. It's subtle, insidious, and smells vaguely of burnt ambition. Welcome, dear listener, to my world circa, oh... let's say five years ago. I wasn't an executive. Not even a manager, really. I was cog #3542B in the grand corporate machine, churning out spreadsheets, drowning in meetings, and generally being spoken to in a language only vaguely resembling English. Buzzword bingo was the national sport in those hallowed halls. "Jobs to be Done." "Disruptive innovation." "Blue ocean strategy."  I'd nod earnestly, scribbling notes like my promotion depended on correctly parsing th